How to Create Noisemakers
Materials Needed To Create Your Noise Makers…
- Plastic Bottle or Containers, Tin Can, Glass Jar, Plastic Eggs, etc…
- Dry Beans, Pebbles, Small Bolts & Nuts, Jelly Beans, Rice, Popcorn, Dry Noodles, Buttons
- Measuring Cup/Spoon
- Super Glue or Low Temperature Glue Gun
- Makers and other fun materials to decorate the outside of the bottles or containers
Steps in Creating Noise Makers
Gather materials: plastic bottle, dry beans, funnel,etc…. super glue or glue gun
The outside of the bottles or containers can be decorated with markers.
Use scoop to measure out beans and other materials for inside your noise maker
Use funnel to pour beans into bottle
Super glue lid to bottle
You’re ready to make music!
- Set out materials for children to explore. Invite children to collaborate, use their senses, imagination and problem solving skills as they create their own shaker.
- What other materials might you use?
- How will those materials change the experience?
- You might offer a variety of containers and fillers and listen as the children describe the different sounds they are able to make.
- How will you use these in your classroom? Will they be set out for everyday use or for special times?
In what ways will you infuse multiple content areas and learning opportunities into this experience?
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Multicultural Awareness
- Gross-Motor Skills
- Fine-Motor Skills